1. L visa (for tourism or visiting relative)
Under some circumstances, the applicants may be required to provide financial proof, a copy of Chinese hotel booking and return flight ticke.
For applicants who are going to Tibet, an entry permit issued by Tibetan Tourist Bureau is required. (Fax number of Tibetan Tourist Bureau: 0086-891-6834632; Telephone number:0086-891-6834313).
II--For visiting relative in China
Proof of kinship is required, but the applicants who were born in China (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) as shown in the passport are not required.
2. F visa for business and visit
(1) Authorized Invation Letter, or an letter issued by the company he/she is employed and the registration license of this company, or an invitation letter from the mainland company ant the registration license of this company.
(2) Under some circumstances, the applicants may be required to provide financial proof, a copy of Chinese hotel booking and return flight ticket booking.
3. X visa for studying in China
To apply for "X" visa, you shall provide JW202 form issued by the Ministry of Education of the PRC and the enrollment notice from the receiving school.
Overseas Chinese who wish to study in JINAN University in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, Overseas Chinese University (including JIMEI Overseas Chinese School) in Quanzhou, or one of the three Chinese Language schools in Beijing, Kunming or Nanning could apply for "X" visas with the enrollment notice from the said schools.
Note: Foreign students staying in China longer than half a year must also submit health certificate (Pupils are exempt from providing this certificate).
4. Z visa for employment in China
Authorized Invation Letter and Alien Employment License for Foreigners from the Ministry of Human Sesourse and Social Security of the PRC shall be provided；
Foreign experts, scholars, teachers or managers to be working in Mainland China shall provide Authorized Invation Letter and Employment letter for foreign experts from the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs of PRC;
Foreigners to be engaged in offshore petroleum operations in China shall provide invitation letters from China National Offshore Oil Corporation;
Foreigners to be engaged in commercial art performance in China shall provide the temporary commercial art performance permit from the Ministry of Culture of the PRC and Authorized Invation Letter from the Ministry of Culture of the PRC or Foreign Affairs office of Local government.
Chief representative of the permanent office of foreign enterprise in China shall provide Authorized Invation Letter and the registration certificate from local Administration Bureau for Industry and Commerce;
Note: "Z" visa is required to provide Health Certificate issued by China Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau or HK public hospitals.
5. G visa for transit
A valid visa of the destination country and a succession or round trip airline ticket are required.
6. J1 and J2 Visa for journalists
J-1 visa for resident journalist
Foreign correspondents transferred from HK to the Mainland need to submit applications to the Information Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the P. R. China. Visa notice from the Information Department of the M. F. A. of the PRC and health certificates are required.
J-2 visa for news-coverage on a short-term basis:
For foreign correspondents based in HK, who travel on coverage purpose
(1) To Guangdong Province or Shanghai Municipality, visa applications can be filed with the Office of Foreign Affairs of Guangdong Province (Tel: 86-20-81218363, Fax: 86-20-81215150), or the Office of Foreign Affairs of Shanghai (Tel: 86-21-62158269, Fax: 86-21-62562522) or the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the P. R. C. in HK SAR (Tel: 21066164,21066169,Fax:21066153) ；
(2) To other provinces, municipalities or autonomous regions, visa applications can be filed with the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the P. R. C. in HK SAR (Tel: 21066164,21066169,Fax:21066153).
The following documents are required for applicants:
(1) Application letter of the affiliated news agency
(2) Invitation letter of the interviewee
(3) For the first time applicants, resume and a copy of passport are required
For more information about making coverage trips to the Mainland China, please log into http://ipc.fmprc.gov.cn/eng
7. Diplomatic and service visa
Officials of foreign governments or members of consular missions in Hong Kong SAR, staff of the United Nations, or other international organizations, who wish to travel to Mainland China for official or private purpose or be assigned on a mission to China, shall submit a verbal note from their governments, diplomatic missions or their employing organizations along with their applications. In some cases, an invitation from governmental organs concerned in China is required.
Primary contents of the verbal note should include the applicant's full name, title or occupation, the employing department, passport type and number, purpose of journey, entry and departure dates.
In case of assumption of duty to an embassy or consulate in China, information should be included such as the designated official title, term of duty as well as whether it is a new post, or if not, the name and title of the predecessor.
8. C visa for crewmembers
C Visas are conducted according to relevant bilateral visa agreements, if there are, for staff members working on trains, crewmembers on planes and seamen on shipboards of international transportations.
In case there are not reciprocal visa agreements or of beyond their regulations, single or double entry visas may be granted;
Crew members working on private or charter planes are required to apply visas with business letters from their employing companies. Only after the flying permits are obtained from relevant Chinese authority could the said crew visas come into effect.
9. D visa for residence in China
Applicants for resident visas shall firstly apply for residence permit in person or through their relatives in China with the local Entry and Exit Administration Division under Public Security Department. When the permit is obtained, applicants may apply for a resident visa at this section by submitting the residence permit from the said division.